Our Commitment to Our Donors
Village Resources will not sell, share or trade our donors’ names or personal information with any other entity, nor send mailings to our donors on behalf of other organizations.
This policy applies to all information received by Village Resources, both online and offline, on any Platform (“Platform”, includes the Village Resources website and mobile applications), as well as any electronic, written, or oral communications.
To the extent any donations are processed through a third-party service provider, our donors’ information will only be used for purposes necessary to process the donation.
Acceptance of Terms
The Information We Collect
Village Resources collects information when you visit our website, create an account, edit your account information, or use features on the platform to donate to a charity. Some of this information is technical information automatically logged by our servers. Outlined below are the types of information, both directly from you and indirectly through the collection of information by third-party service providers (together, “Partners”) that we specifically collect.
You authorize us to use, store and otherwise process any personal information which relates to and identifies you, including (but not limited to) your name and address, to the extent reasonably necessary to provide the services which are available through our website, our Partners, successors, assignees, associates, sub-contractors, or other third parties.
1. Personal Information (“Personal Information”)
Examples of different purposes for which we may collect Personal Information include, but are not limited to:
- Use of areas of the Village Resources website, in which you may be asked to provide certain information about yourself, such as your name, mailing address, e-mail address, username and password, falling under the registration process for Registered Users (“Registration Process”);
- Donations made through Village Resources from which we collect Personal Information such as your name, billing address, and e-mail address, if you have not already provided these details. We also collect (but do not retain) credit card numbers which are processed by a third-party payment vendor subject to the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards. By using a third-party vendor, your information is subject to use based on the vendor’s terms of service and policies.
- Job applications;
- Surveys. Periodically, Village Resources may invite you to participate in completing online surveys.
- Contact you regarding your donation(s), as to the quality of the service, as well as any potential errors that may have occurred;
- Voluntary submissions to Village Resources requesting information about our products and services, signing up to receive information from us, or sending us an e-mail.
Important Notices to Non-U.S. Residents
Links to External Websites
It is Village Resources policy not to disclose any personal information we collect to third parties for direct marketing purposes under any circumstances. However, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 requires that all California residents be afforded the option to exercise your choice of whether your personal information may be shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes or not, as well as to receive information specified in the statute if your personal information is disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Accordingly, if you are a California resident and you wish to inform Village Resources whether you permit or refuse the sharing of your personal information with third parties for direct marketing purposes, or if you wish to request certain information if your personal information were to be disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes, please contact us as described in the Contact section.